News and commentary of the trial so far:
- Telegram 1/18/11: Shunned voter’s friend testifies
- Telegram 1/19/11: Man testifies he was barred from voting in disputed 6th District race
- Telegram 1/19/11: Southbridge election worker testifies
- Walter Bird 1/19/11: Alicea, Durant election trial winds down
- Telegram 1/20/11: Durant’s lawyer attacks flaws
What I find most interesting is that there is very little talk of the infamous “spoiled absentee ballot” that nobody knew anything about. Perhaps it’s a very small part of the court case, or perhaps its story just wasn’t considered interesting by the reporters. I wish I could have attended the trial to see it all firsthand instead of relying on these reports.
So, closing arguments are this morning. I do wonder how long the judge will take to make a ruling, and whether the House of Representatives will bother following it.