I currently run my cooperjr.name mail and web server off of my old FreeBSD box at home on my cable connection. This has worked fairly well for me, but it has a few problems:
- My Internet connection goes down occasionally.
- My Internet connection is slow, particularly the upload (which for everyone else, is the download).
- It requires me to be running my computer 24/7, which is noisy and eats electricity.
- It’s blatantly against my ISP’s Terms of Service.
So, I’m looking to put my serving off-site. Here are my requirements:
- A mail server running IMAP and allowing me to do Sieve filtering.
- A web server where I can put up my pictures. That’s a lot of space, but I don’t think I get enough viewers to worry about the bandwidth.
- Continued use of my cooperjr.name domain.
Ideally, I’d like it to be as cheap as possible while still giving me good service. Suggestions?